Fast and easy Lentil stew
- 2 cups red lentils, washed.
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 2 large carrots cut into small cubes.
- 2 large soft tomatoes cut into cubes.
- 3 teaspoons of Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Boiled water
- Take a large pot.
- Fry onion until it slightly golden.
- Add the carrots and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato (It is important that the tomatoes will give moisture – if not then add a little bit of water, just to keep the tomatoes moist),
- Add spices and let it cook together until the carrots soften.
- Add the lentils.
- Add boiled water (water covers the lentils like a soup) and cook over medium heat until the lentils are soft. Occasionally you may need to add more boiled water to the dish as lentils has a tendency to absorb water.
Come along with basmati rice or bread.
For aroma of flavours it is recommended to prepare the stew the day before serving it. The flavours will absorbed in the stew and fill the house with aroma.